Fairy-wing Fluffies anyone?
Well it is no surprise that it is still raining here...the surprise was that it was clear for two days on Monday and Tuesday. The temperatures have risen a little though which is nice. We are beavering away on lessons and study (study for Michelle, as I am mercifully free of study responsibilities for the moment). Penny and I have had a cold which thankfully hasn't been too bad. The result of the many coughing and wheezing students in the front rows of my classes I guess. Michelle has managed to stay relatively germ free for the moment anyway.
Our Chinese brand DVD is playing up again so I am girding my loins for the usual Chinese carry-on when I go and demand our money back on Saturday. It is the 3rd time that we have returned it to Walmart. Last time they wrote something on the back of the receipt which was apparently to ensure prompt service if another return was needed (perhaps when would have been a more appropriate word). We are off to Hong Kong in a couple of weeks, a little sightseeing and R&RR (rest and relative relaxation) for all. It should be good.
In the absence of decent civilized outdoors type weather kitchen activities have flourished. ANZAC biscuits are always a winner, before and after they are cooked.
I have also been perfecting my bread making skills as a way of avoiding the nasty Chinese bread. They have a rather terrible habit of using coconut oil in their bread which means that everything has a sweet coconut taste...and I mean everything. Bread, biscuits, cakes...the works.
Chocolate caramel slice redux. Much better results this time now that we have factored the crappy little toaster oven into the recipe.
Well liked by all and sundry.
We have decided to come back to Australia at the end of this term. Poor Penny doesn't have enough to do here. Well the things that there are for little kids to do here are-
A. Not what Penny wants to do (torturing insects, hitting other kids and parents), or
B. Rather unsafe (walking around on the road, or on the top of walls).
So the flights are booked and the calendar has been marked. See you all soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment