Sunday, August 3, 2008

A big weekend

Last week at work...bring it! I had a pretty action packed weekend. Michelle and Penny headed off to Toowoomba on Saturday morning and Mark and Mel arrived back from Thailand in the afternoon. All of this took place through the mild haze of a hang over as I had partaken of some drinks with a few work folks...thanks to all who attended...on Friday night.

We had an early start on Saturday morning with Penny waking at around 6.30 am (much to my head throbbing delight). We then spent most of the morning packing up and arranging everything for the trip to Toowoomba. Boxes of toys and towels and clothes and food and ...well, lots of stuff. We carted it all out to the cars (cold hangover sweat and all) and stuffed it all in with a minimum of repacking. It was sad to see my two girls driving off into the distance, and the knowledge that I wouldn't see either of them for a week made it all the more depressing. Oh well, what are you gonna do eh? Thankfully they are now safely settled at Michelle's Mums in Toowoomba and doing well. I'm counting the days till I see them next.

Mark and Mel arrived back at around 1.30pm looking tired and tanned. It was good to see them and hear about their holiday in the sun and I'm sure that they were happy to be home. Hopefully the place was looking OK I don't think that Penny trashed anything... except maybe Charlie's confidence. A quiet afternoon eschewed with a lot of cable TV and a couple of beers to take the edge off . There was some drama when Mel sliced part of her finger off while getting dinner ready. She did a pretty good job of it even managing to cut through part of the nail bed...ouch! Mark was on the case and had it washed and bandaged. Meanwhile the piece of nail nestled amongst the sliced celery on the cutting board. There was a fair bit of blood but not the kind of cut that could be stitched. So it was bandage and ride it out. Poor Mel. Dinner was lovely even though the nail didn't make it into the stock.

I got up after a sleep in, well a small sleep in but 7 am is pretty good in my opinion, and felt that I should do something with the day. So I set out to stock up on some foodstuffs for lunch. I didn't want to be in Mark and Mel's hair all day but as everyone was at Splendour in the Grass at Byron I found myself at a loose end and basically ended up in Mark and Mels hair for the day...such good hosts.

No comments: