Sorry about the delays everyone…well we are officially in China and thank God. What a day dredged from the bowels of hell! We hit the road at 3:45 am in Brisbane this morning and we have just got settled in 7th Heaven Hotel on Nanjing Road and it is about 10.00 pm (which adds up to midnight in Australia). So it’s been a 20-hour marathon of travel with a taxi a domestic flight, a shuttle bus, an international flight, and another taxi. We just needed to jump on a boat and a train and we would have had the lot covered.
Poor little Penny had reached the end of her tether by the time we checked in and the waterworks set-in. She had been a Trojan all day and had even managed a couple of hours sleep on the plane. The flight seemed to last forever and was exacerbated by the little plane on the flight path which was barely inching along on the map, obviously something to do with the whole watched kettle and all that. So anyway, here we are and as I type this Queen’s “We are the Champions” is blaring out on the neon explosion of Nanjing road…nice sentiment I feel. Anyway I am going to hit the sack before I cry.
No comments:
Post a Comment