Monday, September 8, 2008

Around the house

It has been a week since the last blog and things have been ticking along nicely. Our teaching is underway and we are slowly building a home for ourselves here. So far we have only been assigned part of our teaching load as the freshman students are yet to arrive. This is good as it means we get paid for the full load and only have to do a few classes. The full deal will begin in October. 

Another nice thing is that China has its public holidays at the end of the year. So I got to have some days off back in Oz and now I get some more here in the PRC. Nice. 

I thought that it was about time that I posted some photo's of the house and surrounds so here they are. 

Lounge, Dining and through to the kitchen...and a two year old doing strange things to the TV.
Penny's bed and part of her bedroom. 


This is our chair. Comfortable looking eh? We have dubbed it 'the rack' and have vowed to make it comfortable some how. There is nothing worse than coming home after a long day and having nothing but a straight backed wooden torture device to sit on...unless you're into that of course.

This is the view of one of the teaching buildings from our balcony. At the moment I have three classes in this building and Michelle has one. The rest of her classes are in an older building on the northern end of the campus. 

Here is a gratuitous cute shot of Penny and another of a brassy little Chinese kid who was bossing Penny around in the playground. Can you say Cheese??

No comments: