All twitching and sweating aside they actually did quite well. Kudos to them.
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Testing times
I have just finished testing some of the Freshman (1st year) students for the International Business course here at the Uni. I had to do one-on-one English language tests for 57 new students to gauge their level of proficiency. Basically I just asked them some questions and noted their fluency, pronunciation and correct use of vocabulary. It sounds boring and painful I know but I would much prefer to be in my position rather than the students. They were 'packin' it' to put it nicely. I have never seen so many nervous twitches and quivering lips. Not to mention the litres of cold sweat that dripped from their pale little faces. It was bad enough to have to sit any test but the degree of nastiness was obviously increased through the addition of a big hairy blue eyed foreign teacher asking the questions. As I walked along the corridor outside the room I could sense the students willing me on past their room. Keep walking, keep walking, that's it. Just a few steps further...Crap that big weird hairy foreign dude is testing our class!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment